Tsoureki French Toast~ A Must Try!
We hope you had a beautiful Greek Easter with your family and friends!!
If you have leftover tsoureki from Easter, don’t throw it away! Save your stale tsoureki, and make this delicious recipe. Wait, stale doesn’t sound good, but I’m telling you it’s worth a try to turn stale into soft and fluffy French toast. 💗💗
Let’s get to the yumminess. 🙂
Featured below is the famous Tsoureki bread. Usually served during Greek Easter, this bread is packed with wonderful flavors. I used mahlepi, mastika, vanilla, cardamom, orange zest and ouzo. Yes, ouzo! If you haven’t tried adding ouzo, please do.
If you would like to try out tsoureki, check the recipe here. >> Tsoureki Recipe
Tsoureki French Toast Recipe
“The best breakfast in the entire universe!” Okay, this is what my family said. I am just quoting them. Lol
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 10 slices of tsoureki bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon Grand Marnier/ Amaretto liquor
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional- cinnamon
- Optional- Canadian maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, amaretto, and salt. Pour the mix over the bread. Let the bread mixture soak for a few minutes.
- In a large pan, melt a tablespoon of butter. Add three to four tsoureki in the pan, and cook until golden brown on each side. Repeat until all tsoureki are cooked.
- Serve it warm with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Kali Orexi! 💗💗
Do you sell Tsoureki bread, Krystina? It looks so delicious! If I get ambitious, I’ll try baking some but if you’re still at the Farmer’s markets, please let me know.
Hi Estelle! So nice to see you here. I always think of you and your family. Yes this is one of our popular Greek Easter breads. 🙂 I don’t do farmers markets but I most certainly cater and I can ship out. I have a few people who placed orders for this bread so if you would like a loaf I can meet you either in Folsom or I can mail out to you. If I am ever visiting my sister she is in Vacaville so I can certainly meet you there. Do you have my contact info?
Krystina, this looks amazingly delicious! Every once in a while I get a craving for some yummy, eggy French toast.
Thank you! I think you should try it soon, and give some to your hubby too. I hope you guys enjoy. 🙂