Hello reader! I hope you are having a good rest of your week.
I am sharing one of my favorite and simple Summer foods to whip up. Squash & zucchini season is coming in June, and I can’t wait for them to bloom. I got a head start and made this beautiful dish. Where are my vegetarian fans at? This is a dish that can pair perfectly with rice, stews, salads, and more.
Greek Zucchini & Squash Recipe
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 squash quartered
- 3 zucchini quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup of red onion diced
- Fresh bunch of dill
- 1 lemon, reserve the juice
- Black pepper & salt
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the olive oil, and saute garlic, red onion, and leeks. Saute for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the squash and zucchini to the pan with a drizzle of olive oil and saute for about 5-7 minutes until al dente. Add the tomatoes and cook an additional minute or two. You don’t want to overcook your vegetables as that will result in a soggy mess.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice, dill, and season with black pepper and salt. You can serve with crumbled feta cheese too!
Krystina’s Greek Vegetarian Wrap
- Take about 1/2 cup of the squash & zucchini mixture
- Red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese “crumbled” or Havarti cheese
- 2 Tortillas of your choice. Here I used tomato basil tortilla.
- Kalamata olives halved
- Prepare all the vegetables set aside.
- On an open tortilla use the cheese you wish, and melt it slightly in a pan. Remove from heat, and add the vegetables. I like to do squash, zucchini, cucumber, red onion, and kalamata olives. Fold into a burrito shape and cut in half.