Semolina Pesto Pizza Recipe (Pesto Week)
Happy weekend to you all! We are ending “pesto week” with a delicious pizza recipe. After all, we couldn’t leave out pesto pizza, right?!
Semolina pizza is so good and it is my go-to pizza dough.
Why semolina pizza?
Easy to make, and really simple dough to work with. The texture comes out so good which makes it our #1 pizza dough recipe. The crispiness of the crust and the soft texture inside are so good. I hope you enjoy this pesto pizza. We cooked it in the wood-fired oven and it was so good. 🙂
Have a beautiful weekend.
Mediterranean Semolina Pesto Pizza Recipe
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of honey or granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 cup of room temp water
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fine salt ( I love pink Himalayan)
- 2 cups 1/4 of semolina flour
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Pesto sauce recipe
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, halved
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- A handful of Kalamata olives, diced in half
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
Prepare the dough:
- In a small bowl whisk together the warm water, sugar, and yeast and stir with a wooden spoon then let sit for 5 minutes. Once the mixture is bubbly it is ready.
- Whisk the rest of the water and olive oil together and then add to the yeast mixture. In a large bowl whisk the flours together along with the salt.
- Make a well in the center and pour the yeast mixture into the center. Mix the mixture with your hands until a dough forms. You can take the dough out of the bowl and knead by hand until smooth and pliable.
- Place the dough inside a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough double in size in a warm place. When the dough has doubled then cut in half.
- Prepare dough on the surface and shape it into a large round. Prepare the pesto and make your toppings. I really love the combination of tomatoes, pesto, cheese, and olives. The fresh basil leaves are really nice to serve.
This post is dedicated to my friend Vince who loves pizza! Here’s to you, Vince.
Check out his blog here VINCEHOMEMADE.