Salmon Souvlaki Pita Recipe (Collaboration with Kvaroy Arctic)
Today we are sharing one of my favorite Greek summer recipes!
I was approached by Kvaroy Arctic to do a fun collaboration with them and you can read all about that here!
This summer salmon recipe is really easy to make and if you are a fan of grilling then this is perfect. You can enjoy this delicious salmon souvlaki by itself, over rice, or make it a souvlaki pita!
Salmon Souvlaki Pita Recipe (Featuring Kvaroy Arctic)
In this featured recipe, I used Kvaroy Arctic frozen fillets. They are so moist, and I was surprised by how buttery this fish is. Literally, melt in your mouth!
- 1 pack of the 2-pound Kvaroy Arctic fillets
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 3-4 large garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons of fresh dill chopped
- 4 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- 4 tablespoons of fresh mint chopped
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper to season
Make Souvlaki Pita
- 4 slices of pita bread
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 cups of tiganites patates- french fries (seasoned with sea salt and oregano)
- 2 large Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- A dollop per pita beet dip or tzatziki dip to serve (find recipes here)
- 1/4 cup of Kalamata olives, halved to serve
- Let’s make the salmon souvlaki first. Defrost your salmon according to Kvaroy Arctic packaging. Do make sure you follow this as their fish is really gentle and you DO NOT want to ruin the quality.
- Once your fish has defrosted set aside your salmon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Make the marinade- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Come back to the salmon fillets, and prepare to remove the skin. I gently run my knife across the bottom of each fillet and remove the skin. Then I cut the fillets vertically in half and then cut about 1-inch cubes.
- Once the salmon is ready toss lightly in the marinade. Make sure the salmon is coated in the sauce and then prepare the grill. Note: The acid in the sauce will begin to cook the salmon, so you do NOT want the salmon sitting in the sauce too long. Arrange the 4 skewers and place about 6-8 salmon cubes on each skewer making sure to leave some room in between meat cubes.
- Prepare the bbq and place foil over the bbq and then lightly oil the foil this will help prevent the salmon from sticking. Place each skewer onto the grill and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side. Rotate the skewers and cook again for additional 4 minutes. Remove from bbq and enjoy with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
To prepare the souvlaki pita-
Open pita bread and spread either tzatziki dip or beet dip and then add your fries, salmon souvlaki, cucumber, tomato, onion. Serve with kalamata olives & feta cheese.
To purchase these delicious frozen fillets click here.
I hope you enjoyed this Greek salmon souvlaki recipe and do make sure to follow our friends Kvaroy Arctic on social media. (Links below)
Delicious!! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
Thank you Sophie mou!! I hope you get to try this soon.
It must be absolutely delicious 😋
Thank you sweetheart!!