Tzatziki Feta Cucumber Smoked Salmon Rolls Meze (Featuring Kvaroy Arctic)
Summertime calls for these easy-to-make cucumber rolls with smoked salmon from our friends over at Kvaroy Arctic. We are happy to take part in their fun collaboration- Trasport Your Taste Buds on Instagram.
We are happy to represent Greece and our Greek cuisine during this collaboration.
In today’s recipe post, I am sharing a beautiful meze (appetizer) to make in a matter of minutes. If you love cucumber, and smoked salmon, well this is the recipe for you.
Learn all about Kvaroy Arctic here.
Tzatziki Feta Cucumber Smoked Salmon Rolls Meze Recipe
Tzatziki Dip Recipe
- 1 ½ cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt (“Fage” or similar brand)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large cucumber, remove seeds and peel
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- In a medium bowl, add the yogurt and garlic and mix together. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Peel the cucumber and don’t forget to remove the seeds! Grate it, place it in a strainer, and use your hands to squeeze out all the juice.
- Add the yogurt and garlic mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar, feta cheese, salt, oregano, dill, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Once combined, add the grated cucumber. Mix all ingredients together and chill overnight until thick.
Prepare the rolls
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 package of the smoked salmon by Kvaroy Arctic
- 1 cup of tzatziki dip sauce
- A handful of fresh dill
- Lemon sprigs to serve
- Prepare the smoked salmon and defrost according to packaged instructions.
- The best way to prepare the cucumber slices is to use a mandolin. If you do not own a mandolin, then you can use a sharp peeler to peel a long strip of cucumber. I take my English cucumber and cut off the ends, and then I cut it in half. Then I make approximately 1 inch to 4 cm in size. You want the cucumber slices to be thin so you can easily roll them up. If they are too thick they will break in half.
- Once the cucumber slices are done, run a lemon over the slices. Place a tablespoon of filling on the strip of the cucumber and spread out the filling evenly. Gently roll the cucumber from the bottom up.
- To serve: Before placing the roll on the plate, add a tablespoon of the sauce to the plate. This helps ensure the roll stays upright. Then serve with one salmon slice over the top. I like to serve with a lemon sprig and fresh dill.
Thank you for joining us today on the LIVE Instagram with Jennifer Buchman & Kvaroy Arctic.
Leave a Reply