Vegetarian Burrito with Creamy Jalapeno Sauce Recipe
Happy Jalapeno week! We have tons of jalapenos growing still and I have been making many jalapeno recipes. Welcome to jalapeno week, my viewers.
Today I’m sharing a vegetarian burrito recipe. I love any vegetarian foods, and this one is easy to make.
Vegetarian Open Faced Burrito with a Creamy Jalapeno Sauce Recipe
- 6 flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese (any of your choice) I used Havarti cheese.
- 1 can of black beans, remove liquid, and rinse under cold water
- 1 cup of white rice, cooked (any rice will work) or you can use shredded potatoes
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 limes, reserve juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the carrots, cabbage, red onion, and garlic. Squeeze the lime juice over the vegetables, and then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the jalapeno cilantro cream sauce. (See below)
- Mix the black beans and corn together in a bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat drizzle some olive oil and heat the tortilla on each side. Place cheese on tortilla and cook until melted.
- Add the following to make the burrito:
- Rice, bean mixture, cabbage carrot mixture, cilantro, lime juice, and serve with the cream sauce. You can enjoy these wrapped or open-faced.
Jalapeno Avocado Cilantro Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium jalapenos, halved and de-seeded
- 4 avocados, remove the seed and peel
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup of Fage yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 2 limes, reserve juice
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and combine until smooth. If you want to add more lime, feel free to do so. Store in an airtight refrigerator for 2 days.
**I hope you enjoyed this yummy vegetarian burrito recipe! See you tomorrow for more JALAPENO WEEK RECIPES! 🙂