Mini Pretzel Bites Recipe (Super Bowl Sunday)
When I think of the Super bowl I think of appetizers, and all the yummy foods. I love the variety of dips, bread, and anything offered at a Super Bowl Sunday event. Mini pretzel bites are so easy to make. I hope you enjoy it!
Mini Pretzels Bites Recipe (Super Bowl Sunday)
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour + more for kneading the dough
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar + 2 teaspoons of molasses
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Coarse salt to serve over the pretzels (Best salt is Mani salt)
- Malt mixture – 1/2 cup of baking soda, 8 cups of water, and 2 teaspoons of molasses.
- In a large bowl whisk the yeast and warm water together. Once the mixture is bubbly add the sugar molasses and butter. Whisk to combine.
- I like to mix the flour inside a mixer but here I did it by hand.
- Add the flour slowly to the wet yeast mixture in 3 increments. Mix until you see a dough form. Knead on a lightly floured surface.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, and set aside covered. You want the dough to rise. Remove dough from the bowl, and cut into 11- 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then form a 20-inch rope. Cut the dough into one-inch pieces.
- Make the brine over high heat. Once the brine begins to boil add about 10 pretzels at a time.
- I cook pretzels for only 10 seconds on each side. Any longer and it will taste like baking soda and you don’t want that!!
- Remove with a slotted spoon, sprinkle coarse salt, and bake pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F middle rack for about 15– 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Serve plain, cheese sauce, or even honey.
**This recipe is really good with my spicy feta dip! Check out the recipe here.
Thank you for sharing the food love!
These are so cute!!
Thank you so much!!