Super Bowl Sunday- Greek Chicken Quesadillas
Super Bowl is tomorrow and I have a tasty Greek chicken-inspired quesadilla.
Let’s get to the cooking!
Super Bowl Sunday Greek Chicken Quesadillas
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup of diced Kalamata olives
- Cooked chicken, cut into cubes, and season with salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cup of feta and mozzarella mixed
- Tzatziki dip (recipe here) or Fage (plain)
- 1 lemon
- Salsa for serving
- Fresh mint or dill to serve
Drizzle a bit of olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick pan. Place 1 tortilla inside the pan.
Add the cheese mixture covering the tortilla, a few chicken cubes, and a squeeze of lemon. Place another tortilla over the top, and press down firmly so the tortillas sandwich together. Cook for a few minutes until each side is golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove from heat and serve with tzatziki sauce, kalamata olives, tomato salsa, and herbs.
- You can use any cheese but I like feta, mozzarella, or even Havarti slices.
- Any sauce works well with this but tzatziki is really nice and tomato salsa. You can also drizzle Fage yogurt over the top too.
- Make it vegetarian and omit the chicken. Add vegetables such as grilled peppers, spinach, or mushrooms.