Hello! We have an abundance of jalapenos growing now, and I made a delicious new jam!
Peaches and jalapenos are the perfect matches. You have the sweet from the peaches and the kick of spice from the jalapenos.
Peach Jalapeno Jam Recipe
Servings: 2 medium size canning jars
- 10 large size peaches (pit removed)
- 6 jalapenos, medium size
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 lemon, reserve the juice
- 1/4 cup of lukewarm water
- Prepare the peppers and peaches. While wearing gloves dice the peppers and reserve some seeds for a nice kick of heat.
- Prepare the peaches. I like to leave the skin on, and remove the pit. Dice the peaches and set them aside.
- In a large pot add the jalapenos, peaches, sugar, jalapeno seeds, and 1/4 cup of water. Stir the mixture, and place the pot over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture quite frequently, lower the heat to medium-low, and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture seems quite soft and has reduced down to almost a mush, use a handheld blender and blend the mix.
- Cook mixture over low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to test the thickness of the jam. If the jam coats the spoon, it’s ready. Remember that the jam will continue thickening once you place it inside sealed jars. Once the jam is done, ladle the mix inside clean sterile jars. Place lid over the top and close.
- Prepare a large pot filled with water. The water needs to cover the jars, so make sure you fill the pot with enough water. Bring the water to a boil, and add the jars to the pot. Cook the jam for about 15 minutes, and then carefully remove them from the water. Set jars on a clean kitchen towel, and let it cool for a few hours. You should hear the jars seal.
- Store inside the cabinet and these are good for up to 15 months.
This jam is perfect on toast, crepes, pancakes, cookies, and especially over the grill! I grilled pork chops and brushed this jam over the top and it was so good.
The perfect father’s day meal if you want to try the pork chops with this jam. 🙂