Happy Monday to you! I am sharing a really simple creamy pesto recipe with you.
You can use this pesto on everything including; pasta, as a spread on sandwiches or even bruschetta, in salads, and much more.
Zesty Creamy Pesto Recipe
Servings: 1 cup
- 2 cups of fresh basil ( I used sweet basil from my garden)
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Pinch of black pepper and optional salt
- Combine all the ingredients inside a food processor. Although, you could go old school and make this inside a mortar & pestle if you like. (See notes)
- Once you add the ingredients to the food processor, blend until smooth. Make sure to use a spatula to gather all the ingredients together. Chill pesto until ready to use.
- You can replace the pine nuts with walnuts or even any nut of your choice.
- You can use a mortar & pestle if you like. It is fun this way and a long process but I love it. If you follow this process, roughly chop the garlic and basil. Add the basil & garlic to the mortar and pestle and add a pinch of sea salt. Then mix until you get a nice paste, and add the pine nuts, cheese, and oil. Blend together then add to a bowl and mix in the yogurt. Chill overnight so the flavors come together.