Crepe Recipe (Sweet or Savory)
I had the opportunity to go visit my family in Kotronas, Mani. We made one of my favorite crepe recipes and my cousin served it sweet with chocolate sauce, whipping cream, and even an ice cream cone. Fancy right? Go visit Crown Cafe in Kotronas and say hi to my cousins.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk or you can use soy milk if you like
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
*You can add vanilla syrup to the mix if you are making a sweet crepe.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter. Whisk until smooth.
2. If making sweet crepes add in your vanilla flavoring.
3. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium-high heat. Pour the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
If making savory crepes, you can do a spinach & feta mix. Add in mushrooms and onions.
Making a sweet crepe: Add in Nutella & bananas and serve ice cream on top with light cinnamon.
Or add drizzled honey and walnuts to the top with some fresh berries.