Simple & Delicious Lemon Piccata Recipe
This Sunday I am sharing one of my favorite Italian dishes. Chicken lemon piccata is so good. A hearty dish made up of chicken breasts, with a lemon butter caper sauce.
Lemon Piccata Recipe
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts, halved (you should have 6 total)
- 2 lemons, reserve the juice and 1 teaspoon of zest
- 2–3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- Salt & Pepper for taste
- Serve with fresh lemon slices and parsley
- Prepare chicken breasts. Once the breasts are halved, place them in-between parchment paper on a cutting board. Pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, cheese, salt, and pepper. Place the mixture on a large plate. Dredge the chicken inside the flour making sure to coat each side.
- In a large pan drizzle the olive oil inside, and place over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan, making sure to space out the pieces so they cook evenly. Cook until each side is brown. Remove from the pan, and place on a large baking plate. Keep chicken warm inside the oven at 350 degrees covered with foil.
- In another pan make the sauce. Saute the garlic and shallots with a tablespoon of olive oil until translucent.
- Whisk together the chicken stock, lemon juice, lemon zest, and wine in a bowl and pour into the pan with garlic and onion. Cook over medium heat and once the sauce thickens add the butter and capers. Continue to cook until the sauce looks thicker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked chicken inside the pan with the sauce. Serve with lemon slices & chopped parsley.
Thank you so much!! 🙂