Hello Summer Salad Recipe (Summer Strawberry Cucumber Salad)
Kalo Mina as we say in Greek. I hope July brings you happiness and good health.
Today I am sharing a really easy-to-make salad, with a burst of flavor. If you have strawberry, cucumber, onion, and feta then you can make this. A really good salad to bring to your 4th of July event.
This salad is so perfect especially for the hot summer days we are having. The sweetness of the strawberry with the tangy and salty feta is a really good combination. I love enjoying this recipe day or night! Have a try for yourself and let me know what you think. 😉
Summer Strawberry Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 3 large English cucumbers – sliced
- 4 cups of strawberries- quartered
- 1/2 cup of red onion – thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese (cut into cubes)
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Optional- Handful of pecans or walnuts
Lemon Dressing Recipe
- 1 lemon (reserve juice)
- 1 lime (reserve juice)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the produce thoroughly then prepare the fruits and vegetables. In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients except the cheese and mint and lightly toss.
- To prepare the salad dressing, add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad, and then top with feta cheese and fresh mint leaves.
- You can most certainly add any greens to this salad, especially spinach or arugula.
- You can add any nuts of your choice.
- I used Persian cucumbers but I do prefer using English cucumbers. Your choice so use what you like.
- Any dressing works really well but I find the lemon, balsamic, and oil is perfect.
- Be mindful of the mint you use as some are extremely strong! For example, peppermint is very strong so use sparingly. I used “spearmint” in the salad.
Kali Orexi! Enjoy!