Hello Hello my friends. On todays post, I am sharing a fun and unique SPECIAL INGREDIENT GAME that my friend Eleni from My Easy Gourmet came up with a few weeks ago. Here is the fun part: SPECIAL INGREDIENT ORANGE. You have to come up with 1 recipe that is either savory or sweet with our special ingredient. I love orange and it definitely falls under Winter food. I decided to do a savory recipe. Since I love love love quinoa I came up with a Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Ala Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette. Sounds interesting right?! It was a very colorful and tasty dish in deed. Check out my recipe below along with my wonderful food bloggers who were also involved in this fun game. CHEERS~
~Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Alla Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette~
- 1 cup quinoa cook per package directions
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon, reserve juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 orange, peel and cut in cubes.
- 1 orange, reserve juice
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook quinoa according to package. Place chicken bouillon in boiling water.
Add garlic to water, and cook for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is done.
- Gather the scallions, kalamata olives, feta cheese, bell pepper, orange cubes, pomegranate seeds, herbs, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Add the lemon juice, and olive oil over the mix. Add quinoa and mix to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice. Cook until the sauce has thickened. (About three minutes.)
- Serve the Mediterranean quinoa salad on a plate, and gently drizzle the orange reduction over the top.
- ***This dish is paired wonderful with some focaccia bread.
~Special Ingredient Game Recipes~
- Athina Pantazatou from Kicking Back The Pebbles shared her Christmas Morning Breakfast Bites: Orange Mini Muffins (Sweet)
- Eleni Anagnostopoulou from My Easy Gourmet shared her Choco-Orange Cupcakes. (Sweet)
- Gina Martino Zarcadoolas from Foodie WineLover shared her Grilled Flank Steak with a Balsamic glaze and Orange Gremolata. (Savory)
- Natalia Alexander from The Greek Glutton shared her Greek Butter Cookies with Orange Zest (Sweet)
- Kiki Vagianos from The Greek Vegan shared her Cornbread (Bobota) with Orange Syrup. (Savory)
- Jackie Mansfield of Edibletcetera – Fast & Fabulous Food shared her Sticky Spiced Blood Oranges. (Sweet)
- Sia Mavris Aristidou from Greek Weddings & Traditions shared her Yiayia Eleni’s Eliopitas – Greek Olive Bread. (Savory)
- Nidhi Raghav from Platter Joy shared her Chicken & Orange Delight (Savory)