Delicious Strawberry Ouzo Sorbet
Strawberry peak season is here in California! I am super excited to share with you a very TASTY and simple strawberry sorbet recipe that doesn’t involve using an ice cream maker. 🙂
Meanwhile some news I would like to share with my Kouzounas Kitchen readers. I am working on book #2 and this will be one of my recipes featured in the cookbook. The book is featured around Greek seasonal cooking and can’t wait to share more recipes soon!! 🙂
Strawberry Ouzo Sorbet (Dairy Free) Recipe
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries washed and cut in half
- 1 cup of organic sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 sprigs of fresh basil chopped
- 3 tablespoons of ouzo
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil and simmer making sure to stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse the strawberries until blended. Add the cooled syrup, lemon juice, salt, ouzo, and basil. Mix to combine and pour into 9″ metal cake pan.
- Place in freezer and every hour remove from freezer and use a fork to break up the sorbet chunks. (When ready to serve you can blend mixture into food processor.)
- Serve with a fresh sprig of basil. The perfect Summer treat. 🙂