Lemon Mousse Cheesecake with Oreo Crust (No Bake)
December 1st is around the corner, so for “Kalo Mina” I wanted to share a tasty new dessert.
Why this lemon mousse cheesecake? It is creamy, delicious, and tangy! Such an airy cheesecake, filled with bursts of lemon aromas.
I hope you enjoy. 🙂
Lemon Mousse Cheesecake with Oreo Crust Recipe
Servings: 7-8 servings
- 10 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 cup of lemon curd (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean reserve the seeds
Lemon curd recipe: (I suggest making this a day in advance)
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup of organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of Oreos
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
Prepare a 9 inch springform pan. Cut out parchment paper, the same size of your pan. Place parchment inside pan.
If you are in need of a wonderful pan, check this out.
Prepare the crust.
Place cookies inside blender, and blend until crumbly. Pour cookies inside large bowl, and add the melted butter and pinch of salt. Stir to combine and then pour the mixture inside the pan. Make sure to press firmly down on the crust, so it stays in place. Set pie crust aside.
Prepare the lemon curd. (Make this a day in advance)
Separate the eggs and place the yolks inside a medium bowl. Add the sugar and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and then pour mixture inside a pot over medium heat. Cook lemon mixture for about 7-8 minutes until the back of a wooden spoon is coated. Remove from heat, and add the butter and zest. Stir mixture to combine.
Place plastic wrap over the top and then let chill.
In a Kitchen aid mixer whisk together the cream cheese, lemon curd, sugar, and vanilla bean. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
In another bowl whisk the heavy cream until medium peaks form. Fold the whipped cream in the lemon cream cheese mixture. Pour the mixture over the pie crust and spread out evenly. Cover the pie and chill overnight.
- I like to decorate this cake with leftover lemon curd. It is fun to make different designs with the curd.
- The more lemon juice and zest you add the tangier.
- If you find that the mousse filling is too soft, then add more cream cheese.
- This is a rich cake, so a little slice goes a long way.