Orange Week- Vanilla Orange Marmalade Recipe
Happy Saturday! Another tasty orange recipe on the blog today.
Many years ago I made this recipe when we had an abundance of oranges growing on the trees at the old house. I miss these oranges trees so much!
Orange marmalade it is today. I hope you enjoy as much as I did. Perfectly paired with sweet and savory recipes. (Orange glazed chicken, orange-glazed shrimp and feta saganaki, shortbread orange cookies, and much more.)
Vanilla Orange Marmalade Recipe
- 5 medium oranges, reserve juice and fruit
- 1 lemon, reserve juice
- 2 cups organic sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, reserve the seeds
- 1 cup water
- Remove the peel, and white pith from the oranges. Finely dice the oranges, and place in medium pot. Add the lemon and orange juice to the pot.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and water in pot over medium heat. Cook for about 1 hour, or until mixture has reduced in half. Marmalade should be jelly like consistency. If the marmalade isn’t set yet, cook for an additional few minutes.
- Gently pour marmalade into sterilized jars, and cover with lids. My recipe makes about 3 cups roughly.
Have a beautiful weekend.
If you love this post, please do SUBSCRIBE to our food blog. That way you can stay up to date with our latest posts.