I love lemons!!
Lemons are one of my favorite fruits by far! I love it on almost everything I eat! I was thinking about a lemon mousse dessert. Check out this light and wonderful dessert below. Click on the link for more information about lemons. http://www.gstatic.com/generate_204
It’s a lemony kind of night!!
Lemon Mousse Pie Recipe (with Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 envelope of gelatin (unflavored)
- 2/3 cups of egg whites
- one pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 8 ramekins
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, zest, juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk together ingredients and set aside,
- In a small bowl, place water inside. Sprinkle in the gelatin powder and set aside.
- Next in a medium saucepan, fill the saucepan with water. Boil the water over medium high heat.
- In a mixer, place egg whites, salt, and sugar into the mixer bowl. Stir the mixture gently to combine.
- Add the mixer bowl into the boiling water, and whisk the mixture gently until the sugar has been dissolved.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and place gelatin into the egg mixture. Whisk quickly to combine the ingredients together.
- Place bowl securely into the stand mixer. While using the whisk attachment, whip the egg mixture on medium high-speed for about 7 minutes.
- Add in the Greek yogurt and continue whipping until the mixture is combined.
- Divide the mixture among 8 ramekins and chill for at least one hour,
- Serve cold with some fresh lemon zest on top or fresh berries.
This sounds amazing….and not too naughty!
Yes you should try it out.