Featured Recipe Thursday!
Thursday is here and you know what that means!! Thank you to Angela from Boston for this yummy Greek recipe.
This shrimp pasta recipe is sure to impress your family and friends! It is also healthy and full of flavor.
Featured Recipe Thursday’s!!
Garides Mai Pasta
( Shrimp Pasta Recipe)
- 1 packet of penne pasta
- 1 lb shrimps – peeled
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons tomato puree diluted with water
- 1 tsp of fresh oregano
- 1 tsp of cumin
- fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar or honey
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- In a medium size saucepan, add in the olive oil and garlic and saute over medium heat.
- Add in the tomatoes and tomato puree. Add in the seasonings and sugar.
- Simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes and then add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- While the sauce is cooking, in a large pot add water and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add in the pasta to the salted water and boil according to the packaged directions.
- Drain the pasta and place pasta in a large bowl.
- Pour the sauce and shrimp over the pasta and mix to combine.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.