My favorite day to post!! On Featured Recipe Thursday, I am featuring a chef from Taiwan with a lovely Mediterranean recipe. Check it out below. Thank you to Chef John for this fabulous recipe.
Mini Terrine Mixed Herb Squares
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz of Swiss chard
- 4 oz of white onion, diced
- 3 1/2 oz of leeks, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 20 fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 F or 180 C.
- In a 8 inch square baking dish, coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the swiss chard, onions, leeks, mint, dill, parsley, and tarragon in a food processor.
- Process until all the herbs have been coarsely chopped.
- Add the eggs, ground almonds, flour, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Process the mixture on high speed until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven until set, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
* You can sprinkle fresh feta cheese over the top, or Greek yogurt.
Please VOTE for Kouzounas Kitchen! We are in a Fed Ex Business Grant Contest and would love for you to vote once a day. If you have Facebook, then simply go ahead and click on the link below and vote. You can vote once a day until Feb 23. I know each and every one of your votes will count as we are only at 311 votes. How cool would it be if a local Sacramento Greek catering business won this?? 🙂 http://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/Gallery/Detail/d7f1c195-613c-40c7-863f-7014d2af777e