Friday Menu~ Something Different!~
Hello Friday!! I have been receiving many vegetarian recipe requests. This goes out to all of you vegetarian lovers out there.
This menu is a bit different and very tasty. Love zucchini and green beans? This Friday Menu is for you. 🙂
Appetizer: Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds of carrots- peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup of Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Place carrots on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, and seasonings.
- Drizzle the sauce over the carrots.
- Roast the carrots at 425 degrees or 220 Celsius.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until browned.
- Season lightly with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley to garnish.
Main: Zucchini & Green Bean Stir Fry Accompanied By Coconut Rice
- 2 zucchinis diced
- 2 cups of green beans chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- To prepare the the green beans, trim the ends. Then cut the beans in half.
- In a large saucepan add olive oil, and tomato juice, and onion over medium heat.
- When the onion is sauteed add green beans, zucchini, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk, or lightly sweetened
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Rinse and drain rice in cold water.
- Place in a saucepan with water, coconut milk, and salt.
- Place the pot over high heat and, bring the liquid to a boil.
- Stir and place heat on low and cover the pot tightly with the lid.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let stand 10 minutes, covered.
- Serve rice on a plate and top with zucchini & green bean Stir Fry.
How about a new and exciting dessert drink?
Dessert: Mint Granita
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint, I like to add more because I love the flavor of mint
- 1 cup bourbon
- 8 lime wedges
- Combine 3 cups water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in chopped mint.
- Remove from heat. Make sure to cool completely.
- Strain sugar mixture through a sieve into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; discard solids.
- Stir in bourbon.
- Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm.
- Remove mixture from freezer.
- Scrape mixture with a fork, to flush it up a bit.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the granita into serving bowls.
- Place a lime wedge in each serving bowl along with a sprig of mint.
Did you know Kouzounas Kitchen is a part of the Fed Ex Business Grant Contest? Yes, we are trying to win this contest over 1,000 other business’s. Please help us win by simply clicking the link below and voting for us. How cool would it be if we won this contest?! I can think of a million things we would do for Kouzounas Kitchen, but top priority would be is move into a commercial kitchen!!! Let’s make this goal happen for 2014!! Simply vote once a day by Feb 23. Thank you, exharisto poly!
Follow Kouzounas Kitchen:
Follow On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KouzounasKitchen
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/KouzounasKitche
Follow On Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kouzounaskitche
Follow On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KouzounasKitchen