This recipe is super duper good!! (Yes I said super duper hahaha.)
Not only is this recipe low-fat, it doesn’t have any eggs in it. For you people out there who do not eat eggs, then this recipe is for you.
Instead of eggs, I used Greek yogurt. Interesting right, but very tasty.
Apple Cinnamon Muffin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cups of packed sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chopped apples
- 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
For The Topping:
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or 180 Celsius. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
For the topping
- In a small bowl combine flour, brown sugar and oats, and stir together. Add in the butter and mix together with a spoon or fork working the butter into the dry ingredients. (For topping.)
- In a large bowl, add the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Stir in the apples, and vanilla. Add milk, Greek yogurt, melted butter and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffins cups and sprinkle the crumb topping over each muffin. Press down gently to place the filling on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a baking rack.
- Store in an airtight container.