Friday Menu is here!! For those of you who are in need of dinner plans or recipes here is a great 3 course menu just for you.
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup or 1/4 pound), melted
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs of skinless, boneless, chicken meat, cut into pieces. (Make sure to pound the chicken to make it flat.)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees or 230 Celcius. Making sure to pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Prepare the chicken and flatten it out. Set chicken on a plate, and set aside.
- In a bowl, heat the butter until melted. In another bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic salt, oregano, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces into butter, then into crumb mixture to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces in a baking dish. Try to leave a little room between each piece. Drizzle with remaining butter and bake uncovered 15 minutes, or until chicken is brown on both sides.
Creamed Kale & Spinach-
Cream Sauce (Béchamel)
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 shallot, diced
- ground pepper and salt
- 1 large or 2 small bunches of kale, rinsed and chopped
- 1 large bunch of spinach, rinsed and chopped
- Salt & black or white pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in milk and heavy cream. Add shallots and bring to a simmer, stirring quite often to prevent clumping. Simmer on low heat while you prepare the kale and spinach.
- Chop the kale and spinach. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat add kale and spinach a little at a time, stirring occasionally until it begins to wilt. If necessary, add a small amount of water to produce steam.
- Once the kale and spinach are wilted, pour in the cream sauce and stir to combine.
- 5 large potatoes- peeled and sliced to a medium
- 1 cup of diced chives
- 1 stick of butter- cut in slices
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of grated cheese- any kind you choose
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- salt and ground pepper
- In a large casserole dish, start with half your potatoes and layer the bottom. Add half the cheese, chives, flour, and seasoning. Repeat the process then add the milk to the top.
- Bake in a oven at 350 degrees or 180 Celsius. Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown on top.