Happy Friday foodies!!
Enjoying my delicious hummus with roasted bell peppers, carrots, and zucchini. Have you tried hummus with flax seed? Here is a healthier hummus for you to try, and enjoy over the weekend.
Healthy Garlic Basil Flaxseed Hummus
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice/ lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flax seed
- In a food processor add all ingredients and blend on high.
- Make sure to scrape down sides to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for a few hours, until flavors combine.