Instant Pot Rizogalo Recipe ( Greek Rice Pudding)
Here’s a post I couldn’t wait to share with you all! Okay, so my mom introduced me to the Instant Pot when I came back to Greece.
Have you heard of the Instant Pot ? If not here are the details.
Instant Pot® is the Smart Multi-Use, Programmable Pressure Cooker. Designed by Canadians with the objective of being Convenient, Dependable & Safe.
It speeds up cooking by 2~6 times using up to 70% less energy, and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion.
I can attest that this Instant Pot is my second favorite kitchen tool now. The Instant Pot cuts down my cooking time in half. I had to put this guy to the ultimate test with rizogalo, which is one of my favorite Greek dessert recipes. Let’s get on to the recipe, shall we?!
Instant Pot Rizogalo Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (You can use any milk of your choice)
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup of organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 lemon peel
- Pinch of sea salt
- Maple syrup to serve
- Place first 8 ingredients into instant pot.
- Place the lid over the instant pot, and lock into place. Make sure to close the vent, so the instant pot properly works.
- Place on “porridge” setting. Cook for about 20 minutes, and let the rice mixture depressurize for 10 minutes.
- Once pudding has depressurized, carefully open vent. Place rice pudding into ramekins, and chill overnight.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon powder.