Cooking with Framboise ~ Pacific Rim Wine Company
Hello foodies! I hope you all survived your Thanksgiving feast and enjoyed family time.
On today’s post, we are talking wine- chocolate- and flourless cake. Wine and chocolate are probably my most favorite yet evil things!! I will say this flourless cake is simply decadent and it is gluten-free. 🙂 But let’s talk wine first, shall we?
Framboise~ Pacific Rim Wine Company
Anytime I get the opportunity to collaborate with a wine company I jump right on especially when it involves Framboise which happens to be my favorite drink.
Pacific Rim Wine is based in the Pacific North West region. Pacific Rim Wines was established by Randall Grahm of Bonny Doon Vineyard in 1992. Pacific Rim Wines soon grew a huge following from their Reisling fans. They created a beautiful winery in Washington with a group of small experts who had the passion to craft the best riesling in the Pacific North West.
Although Pacific Rim Wines is dedicated to showcasing the Riesling line up, they do also offer some fabulous wines including the raspberry framboise. This framboise is infused with raspberry notes and floral aromas! Definitely packed with an intense flavor and a little goes a long way. This wine really compliments chocolate, especially chocolate cakes. You can enjoy framboise by itself or with your favorite dessert.
Connect with Pacific Rim Wines:
Flourless Chocolate Wine Decadent Cake
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 12 ounces of bittersweet semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of the Pacific Rim Wine Framboise
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar
- 1 Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Powdered sugar and raspberries to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or 180 Celsius. In a large springform pan, place a piece of parchment paper and lightly grease the paper with butter. (That will ensure that the cake doesn’t stick.)
- In a double boiler place the chocolate and butter into a bowl over medium-high heat. Make sure the mixture is combined, then remove from heat and let cool.
- When the chocolate is cooling prepare the rest of the ingredients. Beat the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla into a large mixer. Beat until the mixture is light yellow in color and tripled in volume.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and combine. Pour the batter into the springform pan. Place pan onto a large baking sheet and bake between 30-40 minutes or until cake is set.
- Remove cake from oven and place onto a wired rack. Let cake come to room temperature then serve with fresh fruit and powdered sugar over the top.
Kali Orexi~ Kales Giortes~