Deck The Halls with Chocolate Truffles
Falalala la la la la!! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. I wish you and your loved ones an amazing Christmas filled with love, joy, and happiness. I can’t believe 2019 is only a week away? A huge thank you to those who follow my blog!! Shout out to Fiona, a dear reader of mine who happened to make the peppermint filled kourambiedes.
I love making chocolate truffles, especially during this holiday season! You can get super fancy with your truffles especially infusing with different liquors or you can go simply by just dusting with cocoa powder or even decorate with sprinkles. These make the perfect gift, especially for those chocolate lovers! Let’s ring in 2019 with some chocolatey love.
Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 7 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (You can click on the image to buy via Amazon.)
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Chocolate liquor
- Toppings for the truffles. (Cocoa powder, sprinkles, or toasted nuts.)
- Optional: Chocolate liquor
- Break the bittersweet chocolate into little pieces and add to a medium saucepan. Add the heavy whipping cream and salt and mix to combine. (Make sure chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth.) Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes.
- Place the chocolate into a metal bowl and cover. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Remove chocolate from refrigerator and prepare chocolate truffles.
- First get gloves on to ensure your body heat from your hands doesn’t melt the chocolate. (If you want a kick to your truffles, you can add 1 tablespoon of chocolate liquor to half the chocolate mixture.)
- Gently take about 2 heaping teaspoons of chocolate and roll into a ball. Repeat process until you have about 20 to 24 truffles prepared.
- You can use any topping you like to roll the truffles in, but I like to use either cocoa powder or toasted nuts. At this point roll chocolate into cocoa powder or nuts. Store in airtight container.
- Serve truffles at room temperature. Truffles will be good up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply