Pumpkin Spiced Ice Cream
Happy Wednesday friends! I hope you are having an amazing one filled with lots of yummy foods!!
On today’s post, we are talking about one of our favorite Fall spices; pumpkin. Fall reminds me of pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin fritters, and now pumpkin ice cream!! You can make such a simple yet delicious ice cream that doesn’t take too long to make. I made two different variations of this recipe to see which one I enjoyed better. Well, the eggless recipe was good but I realized it wasn’t as creamy as I would have liked. So then I tried the second batch adding egg yolks and the results were amazing! Let’s get cooking shall we?
Pumpkin Spiced Ice Cream Recipe
Servings: 1 Quart
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of whole fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups of canned pumpkin puree
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup of brown sugar, make sure it is free of lumps
- 2 tablespoons of organic pumpkin spice (purchase here)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan fine salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Reserve a pinch of pumpkin spice to serve
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream and milk to a boil and let simmer.
- In a large bowl add the egg yolks, sugar, salt, and pumpkin spice. Whisk together until all ingredients combine and the mixture is light yellow in color. Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking. Pour the mixture back into the pan over medium heat making sure to stir frequently.
- Once the mixture becomes thicker and coats the back of a wooden spoon it’s done. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to let cool. When the ice cream has cooled down, you can cover and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour or so.
- Prepare the ice cream machine. Add the ice cream to the machine and follow the general instructions. My ice cream maker has a setting up to 60 minutes so I usually place the timer on 60 and close the lid and let the machine do the magic. Once the ice cream is ready you can transfer to an airtight container and freeze. Serve with a pinch of pumpkin spice!
Aaah! I think I died and went to heaven! Definitely trying this. ❤️
Lol! Dude this has your name all over it!