Tina’s Orange Cardamom Bundt Cake
Oh, the orange season is here! I love this time of year where you can make so many delicious recipes with fresh oranges.
Christmas is almost here so anyone who is looking for a last minute dessert recipe, well here it is. Falalalala la la la la!
Tina’s Orange Cardamom Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 6 eggs whites at room temperature
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly spray a bundt pan.
- In a mixer whisk the egg whites until stiff. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Slowly pour in the olive oil and orange juice.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla, cardamom, and orange zest. (Set aside)
- Gently fold the egg white mixture with the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk and mix until batter is smooth. (Do not over-mix.)
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake is golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar over the top.