Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms By Kouzounas Kitchen
I have been catering these for a while and I always get the famous question, what is the recipe for the stuffed mushrooms. WELL, here it is. Enjoy!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 10 white mushrooms
- 5 strips of bacon- cut in half
- Pack of skewers
- 1 bunch of green onions diced
- 1 bunch of basil diced
- 1 bunch of parsley diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese -fresh pecorino
- Salt & ground pepper to taste
- First clean the mushrooms and then spoon out the core of the mushroom.
- Keep the core of the mushrooms in a bowl, dice them and set aside. Once all the mushrooms are cleaned out, place each mushroom on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Next add all these ingredients to your diced mushrooms. Onions, basil, parsley, garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar and the white wine. Place in a pan and saute your mix for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Set aside.
- Next in another mixing bowl, add the egg, cream cheese and half the parmesan cheese to the bowl. Mix in the mushroom mix. Blend well. Add in your salt and pepper.
5. Add in your filling to the mushrooms. I use an ice-cream scoop, its way easier that way. I basically fill the mushroom all the way up. Next wrap the bacon around the mushrooms and place a wooden skewer in the center of the mushroom to keep the bacon wrapped around it. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until brown. Remove the skewers from the mushrooms. Top them off with some fresh parsley, and parmesan cheese. Enjoy and KALI OREXI.
TIP- I like to add a least half a cup of chicken broth to my baking pan so the mushrooms soak into the chicken flavor and you can add 1/4 cup of white win to the mix as well. 🙂