It’s hump day!! The middle of the week. What are your cooking plans for today? Does focaccia bread sound yummy for your dinner plans? If so, check this yummy recipe out below.
With the help of my lovely sous chef, (kitchen aid,) this recipe turned out amazing! 🙂
Focaccia Bread Recipe-
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 2 cups of A.P flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (I reserve more for the top of the bread.)
- In a large bowl, dissolve the honey and yeast in the warm water. Let stand until creamy and foamy. (About 10 minutes.)Add 1 cup of flour, salt, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the yeast mixture.
- Place mixture inside the kitchen aid, and combine. Add the remaining flour and mix for about 7 minutes.Remove dough from mixer, and place dough on a flat surface. Knead a few more minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil a large bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. You want the dough to double in size. (About 1 hour.) Once dough has doubled, form the dough into a rectangle on a baking sheet, and then press dimples into the dough, by using your finger tips.
- Let dough double once again, for about 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or 200 Celcius. Once dough is ready, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of the dough. Spread olive oil out, and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cut each piece, and serve with balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. I like to add sea salt, ground pepper, and about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to my olive oil dip.