Featured Recipe Thursday
Today’s recipe is coming from England!! Cheers to Maria for this recipe. 🙂
Yogurt Quick Bread Recipe
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees or 225 Celsius.
- In a small bowl beat the yogurt with a fork until the yogurt is smooth.
- Sift together the flours, baking soda, salt and sugar onto a work surface.
- Make a well in the center and add in the yogurt and oil.
- Mix the ingredients together with your fingertips.
- When the ingredients are mixed knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough for about 7 minutes and shape the dough and place into a muffin pan or bread pan.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and water together to make an egg wash.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on wire rack.