Happy Happy Friday everyone!! Awww yes, the weekend is here.
What are your weekend cooking plans? Maybe some Asian food? This Friday’s Menu has a little change to it.
This time I decided to throw in a different cuisine. One of my favorites, Asian fusion Stir Fry.
Appetizer: Avocado & Lime Salad
Main: Orange & Ginger Beef Stir Fry
Dessert: Mango parfait
Avocado & Lime Salad Recipe
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Remove the pit from the avocados.
2. Slice the avocados. Plate on a platter.
3. Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, and olive oil. Add seasoning.
4. Pour dressing over the avocados.
Orange & Ginger Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound of beef sirloin steak cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 bunch of broccoli diced
- 1 bunch of scallions diced
1. Mix the orange juice, soy sauce, grated ginger, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
Whisk to combine.
2. Place the beef in a large plastic bag and add 1/4 cup of the sauce and chill in a refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. Heat a saucepan on medium high heat.
4. Add the prepared beef to the pan. Cook the beef for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add in the prepared vegetables. Sauté the vegetables for about 4 minutes.
6. Mix the rest of the sauce with cornstarch and honey and whisk.
7. Stir the sauce into the skillet. Bring the sauce to a boil for about one minute.
8. Add in the beef and cook until the beef is done.
Mango Parfait Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pineapple(chopped)
- 1/4 cup mango (chopped)
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 tsp of coconut rum
- In a pie dish, begin layering pineapple and mango slices.
- Combine the Greek yogurt with 1 tsp of coconut rum.
- Layer half the yogurt over the fruit and then repeat the layers.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 35 minutes.