Good evening Thursday!! You know what day it is!! 🙂
Thank you to Dan for this lovely recipe! I made this recipe tonight for dinner and my family loved it!
Featured Recipe Thursday Recipe
By Dan Johanson- Canada
Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo Sauce Over Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 pound of boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- Cracked pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 1-4 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Cut chicken into small Cubes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with olive oil.
- Add in the chicken and onions and cook for three minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken mixture into a medium-size bowl.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until well blended.
- Add the chicken broth and wine and stir until thickened.
- Add the cream and stir the chicken mixture back into the pan.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with rice.
- Fresh Food Friday: Lighter Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli & Mushrooms (myhealthyfriend.wordpress.com)
- Basic Roast Chicken Breast – Diabetes Recipes (delicrecipes.wordpress.com)