Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
It’s the season for butternut squash. 🙂
Today I wanted to make a different kind of butternut squash. Roasting this soup brings out a nice depth of flavor from the butternut squash, apples, and garlic. Enjoy this with family and friends.
This is a very easy recipe to make and a healthy one!
Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Soup Recipe
- 1 large butternut squash- peeled seeded and cut into pieces
- 2 onions- peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 apples- cored and peeled, quartered
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or 204 Celsius.
- In a large casserole or baking dish, toss the prepared squash, onion, garlic, apples, olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place half the vegetables in a food processor or blender.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock to the food processor than blend.
- Add in basil and blend.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables and stock.
- Place the puréed mix in a pot over medium heat.
- Serve in warm bowls and cracked black pepper.
*I actually left the skins on my butternut squash, but I recommend removing them. 🙂