~Root Beer Crazy Ingredient Day~
Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient Day!!
Today’s crazy ingredient is Root Beer. I actually posted this recipe a couple months back but decided to re post since it is a great recipe, and a must try.
Root Beer Barbecue Sauce-
- 1 cup of root beer
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic minced finely
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, and stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Place in bowl, and cool.
* I used this sauce over my baked chicken and my friends and family loved it!
I know you are thinking hmm, ouzo, now root beer, but you gotta try this and see for yourself.
Like Kouzounas Kitchen On:
Follow On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KouzounasKitchen
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/KouzounasKitche
Follow On Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kouzounaskitche
Follow On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KouzounasKitchen
- Free Root Beer Floats at A&W on 8/6/2013 (saveabuckpdx.typepad.com)
- Root beer Cupcakes?? YUP!!! (plainpoor.wordpress.com)
- Root Beer Float Cake (completeklutz92.wordpress.com)