Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient!
Happy Sunday and happy weekend everyone!!
I hope everyone had a very relaxing Sunday filled with food and family time. 🙂
Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient Recipe
(Lemon Cheesecake Bars)
Lemon is our crazy ingredient!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 0z) at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or 180 Celsius.
- Combine the flour and powdered sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender and make a crumbly like mixture.
- Press the mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish that is ungreased.
- Bake the crust for about 25 minutes.
- In a blender, add the cream cheese, eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and cover.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Place the baking dish back into the oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until it is set.
- Cool on a wired rack.
- To serve- cut into bars garnish with a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest.
Like Kouzounas Kitchen On:
Follow On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KouzounasKitchen
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/KouzounasKitche
Follow On Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kouzounaskitche
Follow On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KouzounasKitchen
* Super crumbly but yummy and delicious.