Happy Monday to you all! I must apologize for my absence on WordPress. I will admit I owe everyone a Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient Recipe. This past weekend has been slammed for me, I drove to the Bay Area to work an event as the event coordinator/ manager. I want to thank my friend Charmaine Drona for helping me set up and enjoying the event.
- In this post I will be sharing two recipes!!
I must say this cold weather we are having in Sacramento calls for a warm dish. How does stuffed mini peppers sound?? Similar to Gemista but a bit of a change.
Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe
- 20 mini sweet peppers a mix of colors
- 2/3 cup of arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of kalamata olives chopped
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated pecorino Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees or 230 Celsius.
- Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet.
- Bake peppers for about 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet.
- To prepare the peppers, use a paring knife to cut along the opening of the side of the pepper.
- Scoop out all of the seeds.
- Repeat with each pepper.
- Place the rice in a saucepan, cover the saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the oil, wine, oregano, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add in the kalamata olives.
- Add the rice to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Stuff each pepper with the mixture and add the cheese.
Preserved Lemons Recipe
- 4 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- Prepare the lemons by slicing off the ends.
- Chop lemons into 1/4 inch pieces and discard the seeds.
- In a medium bowl, place the chopped lemons, salt, brown sugar, red pepper flakes , and bay leaf.
- Transfer to a clean mason jar and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- Let the preserved lemons stand in room temperature for 2 days then store in refrigerator.
- This is good for 3 months.