I had to feature another recipe from my mom. These are perfect for the holidays!
Featured Recipe Thursday Linzer Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 6 tablespoons of apricot preserve
1. In a bowl whisk together all purpose flour, almond flour and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat butter and sugars for 2 minutes.
3. Beat until fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg and almond extract until just combined.
5. Pour in flour mixture, beat until combined.
6. Work dough with hands and form 2 disks.
7. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
8.Roll out dough with floured rolling-pin to 1/8-inch thickness on a well floured surface.
9. Cut out disks, fluted if desired, approximately 2 inches in diameter.
10.Cut out the centers of half the disks with a cutter in the shape of your choice.
11. Re roll the scraps and repeat.
12. Bake in an oven at 350 D (180 C).
13. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
14. Cool on wire rack.
15. Heat the jam and spread the solid disks with a layer of the hot jam.
16. Glue on the lids pressing down lightly.
17. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, then fill the holes with more jam.
- Thumbprint Cookies (therapybread.com)
- Buttery Sugar Cookies (cravingthis.wordpress.com)
- Sugar Cookies (bawarchicorner.wordpress.com)
- Sugar Cookies Recipe & Snowmen Cookies | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)