Hello Thursday Evening! I do apologize for posting this really late, but I just received a last minute Featured Thursday Recipe that I must post. Thank you very much to Sylivia from India. 🙂
Featured Recipe Thursday
Aginares Me Koukia
( Artichokes & Fava Beans)
- 5 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups of water
- 6 artichoke hearts, drained and thawed
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 pound, fava beans shelled
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 5 tablespoons of fresh dill chopped
- sea salt & ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to serve
- Place 6 cups of water in a large bowl, and add the 5 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Quarter each artichoke heart, and add to the lemon water.
- Heat a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions, and scallions. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Drain artichoke hearts and add to pan.
- Add 2 cups of water to pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil, and cook for about 25 minutes or until artichoke hearts are tender.
- Add fava beans.
- Cook stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, flour, and 2 tablespoons of liquid from pan to a small bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Add sauce to pan, and stir. Add dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You can serve this warm or at room temperature.
- Tip: Add a tablespoon of fresh Greek yogurt to the top.