Greek Evening Around The World
What a wonderful day and evening. I am ending this evening with two recipes that I made tonight for the Greek Evening Around The World.
My family also made a special video for everyone who joined this special evening and for Kouzounas Kitchen viewers. If you would like to view it, please follow us at http://instagram.com/kouzounaskitchen
Coconut Pie With A Hint Of Fage
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of Fage yogurt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 stick of butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- Place coconut milk, sugar, flour, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla in a blender and blend on low for about 3 minutes.
- Blend until well combined.
- Pour into 9 inch pie crust.
- Sprinkle with fresh coconut.
- Bake at 350 D(180C.)
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon.
Eliopitta (Greek Olive Bread)
Yields: 12 servings
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lavender, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- egg wash
- In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the onions.
- Cook until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the sauteed onions to the dry ingredients.
- Then add the water, olive oil, spices and olives.
- Mix until well blended and a dough has formed.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead the dough until soft and smooth, about 6 minutes.
- Cover with a towel, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200C.)
- Shape the dough into a large ball and place in a greased bread pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the bread is golden brown.
- 10 minutes prior to the bread being done, brush the top lightly with egg wash to give it a gloss.
- Remove the bread from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
- Serve with olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
Great dinner and company! Thank you to http://9musesnews.com/ for making this a special night. Let’s all do this again soon.
I met some very special people and looking forward to more Greek nights. 🙂
Kali Orexi, Stin ygeia mas!