Happy Friday!! Looking for a healthy menu for this weekend.. Check out Friday Menu below.
HEALTHY FRIDAY MENU
Brown Rice With A Hint Of Basil (Appetizer)
1 cup of brown rice
2 teaspoons of kosher salt
1/4 cup of white wine
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of chopped basil
Bring 2 1/4 cups of water to a boil.
Add the rice and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
Return pot to a boil, cover and simmer for about 35 minutes. (Until rice is tender.)
Transfer the rice to a bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, olive oil, lemon juice, and basil.
Pour dressing over rice, and season with salt and ground pepper.
Lemon Chicken & Kale (Main)
Prep Time- 10 minutes
Cook Time- 20 minutes
4 boneless chicken breasts
sea salt & ground pepper to taste
3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of chicken broth
2 tsp of white wine
2 tsp of garlic minced
1 lemon- zest, save juice
1 1/2 pounds of kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
1/2 cup of vegetable stock
1. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Then heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken, and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the wine, chicken broth, garlic, and lemon and bring to a boil. Stir quite frequently until the sauce has reduced to about 1/3 cup. Top the chicken off with the warm sauce.
In a saucepan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
Add vegetable stock and kale. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove cover, and let cook for 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve kale over brown rice. Squeeze fresh lemon juice and olive oil over the kale.
Healthy Greek Yogurt With Fresh Almonds (Dessert)
2 cups of Greek yogurt
1/3 cup of blanched almonds
1/3 cup of shredded coconut
1/4 cup of fresh honey
fresh berries for garnish
1. In a parfait glass, place 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt on the bottom of the glass.
2. Sprinkle a bit of coconut, almonds, and honey.
3. Repeat until you have 3 layers or so.
4. Garnish with fresh berries.
Kali Orexi!! Happy Weekend!
Btw I made yummy meringues tonight, but I found one problem. They cracked a bit, and I realized that was due to opening the oven. 🙁
They are still pretty and yummy. I frosted them with nutella. 🙂
I am also getting prepared for Valentine’s Day on our Etsy Shop. 🙂 Nutella truffles… 🙂