Happy Tuesday folks! Today I was exploring the flavors of kale once again. If you have been following my posts lately, I have been making new kale soup recipes.
Below you will find two new recipes from Kouzounas Kitchen to you. Enjoy~
Kale Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 cups of kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stick celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- 1 onion diced
- 2 leeks
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Saute the vegetables and garlic in large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the bay leaf, and saute for another 5 minutes, until onions are golden in color.
- Add in tomato juice, water, and wine.
- Let the juice simmer for several minutes.
- Add in the seasonings, and continue to cook until all the vegetables are softened.
- Remove pan from heat, and let cool.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add the soup to a vita mix or blender, and blend until smooth.
- I like to add 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt to the end, as it adds a nice creamy flavor.
- Make sure you taste the soup, as it might need a bit more seasoning.
Raspberry Rice Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup liquid (I use coconut milk, or orange juice.)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup White Rice Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavoring
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, 218 Celsius.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together, until combined.
- Lightly grease 6 cup muffin tin.
- Fill each tin with batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- I like to add a drizzle of honey over my muffins.