Hello coffee fans!! Glad you can join me on today’s post.
Okay all this talk about “cold brew” just had me wondering what this hype was all about. I had to try it out myself to see if I could give it two thumbs up. 🙂
Let’s get to the coffee beans, and start brewing.
Summer Cold Brew Coffee
- 10 ounces of French Roast coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 6.5 cups of cold water
- Optional: milk/ sugar
- Large coffee filter
- In a large container, place coffee grounds inside. Pour the water over the top of the grounds, making sure to cover the coffee.
- Gently stir the mixture together, and place plastic wrap over the top.
- Chill coffee mixture for 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, and strain the coffee grounds through a large coffee filter.
- You now have a coffee concentrate that can keep up two two weeks.
- Add 1 part coffee to 1 part milk over ice. (This is strong stuff guys, so I enjoy mine with coconut milk & plenty of ice.
Perfect on these hot Summer days!
Why not sip on your cold brew with my new cookbook Back to My Roots. 😀