Delicious Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookies
Happy Friday! I think Friday’s should always include tasty cookies, don’t you? lol
On today’s post, I am sharing a healthier chocolate chip cookie recipe that includes Kiklos Greek olive oil. I hope you enjoy this new recipe, and make sure to bring some of these to Santa this Christmas. 🙂
If you didn’t catch the featured post on Kiklos, check it out here.
Chocolate Chip Orange Zest Cookies
~A healthier way to make chocolate chip cookies, using olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Kiklos Greek olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh orange zest
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 cup of nestle chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the next 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Gradually beat in the flour in three sections, and add the coconut milk in between the flour. Fold in the chocolate chips into the cookie mixture.
- Place parchment paper over a baking sheet, and lightly grease it. Prepare to roll the cookies. Gently flatten the cookies out, just a bit.
- Bake between 8 to 10 minutes. I love my cookies soft inside, and crunchy on the outside. (I bake mine for 8 minutes, until lightly golden brown.) Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.