It’s all about my sister’s favorite quiche today!! I must say I miss my sister dearly, as she no longer lives near us. She has a 1-year-old baby boy, my favorite buddy in the entire world, besides Cosmo my fur baby. 🙂
So I had a conversation with my sister today, and she said she had a spinach feta quiche from Costco, and it reminded her of the quiche I would make for the holidays. 🙂 Costco fans, do try out the spinach quiche and let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Happy baking!! 🍴🍴
Spinach Feta Quiche Recipe
“The best quiche combo in the world.”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 pack of chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup ice water
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Whisk together, and then cut in butter, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add water, and mix until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for an hour, or until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or to 180 Celsius.
- Prepare the lightly greased pie pan.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and seasonings, and cook until liquids are evaporated.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, yogurt, cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Add cooled spinach to the egg mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Remove from oven and let it cool down before serving.
~Serve warm or cold.~
~ Kouzounas Kitchen customers, you can always use 1 tsp of “Santorini Sunset spice” in this recipe.