Revithosoupa~Greek Chickpea Soup
The most simplest Greek soup recipe, that is definitely worth a try. Perfect for those who are fasting for Greek Easter.
Greek Chickpea Soup
- 16 oz dried chick peas
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- clove of 1 garlic
- 1 lemon
- Place chickpeas in large bowl, and cover with cold water. Let sit overnight, then drain water. Give the chickpeas a good rinse, to remove the soapy water.
- Place chickpeas into a large pan, along with the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until the onion and garlic become caramelized. Add the water, and vegetable broth and simmer.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, and spices and cook for about 30 minutes. Once all the ingredients meld together, remove from heat. Place ingredients into a food processor and process until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Greek oregano, and lemon juice.
Check out the fun video below. 🙂
Comfort food for me. Lovely recipe.
Hi! Thank you, I am happy you enjoyed. 🙂
I’m a big soup lover and this one looks so yummy, I should give your recipe a try!
Yay! So happy you liked this recipe. Please do give it a try and let me know your thoughts. Thank you, and happy weekend. 🙂
I love this! And everytime I have it I am reminded that I don’t have it enough. Thanks for sharing your great recipe (and video!….I love it!) )
Thank you for enjoying. I think I need to incorporate this soup into my diet more often. It is super healthy and tasty.
I am happy you caught the video too. 🙂 I figured visual is always better, right? 🙂 Have a fantastic weekend my friend.
One of my favorite soups!!
Really? YAY!! I hope you get to try my version of revithosoupa koukla mou. 🙂