Valentine’s Day Vegetarian Pizza
Hello foodie lovers! I hope you are having an amazing weekend so far. On today’s post, we are talking vegetarian pizza.
We are slowly getting into fasting recipes for Greek Easter coming up.
My parents asked me to make a vegetarian pizza, so I came up with a creative pizza dough.
Beet dough is my all-time NEW favorite in the world. It all started with beet tortillas, then I decided to branch out with beet dough. 🙂
Beet Root Pizza Recipe
Happy national pizza day! I came to the pizza party late, but hey I hope you guys all celebrated. 🙂
- 1 roasted beet (1/4 cup pureed)
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add water, yeast, and honey. Whisk until combined, then let sit until bubbly.
- Add the puréed beet, flour, salt, and mix.
- Mix until the dough comes together. Remove dough from mixer, and knead on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth. Form dough into a ball, and place in a lightly greased bowl covered.
*Prepare pizza sauce and toppings.
Spicy Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp Of dried oregano
- 1 tsp Of dried basil
- 1 tsp Of dried fennel
- Combine all ingredients together and chill for 2 hours until flavors combine.
- Prepare pizza!
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. (Approximately 10- 12 inches.)
- Brush the pizza sauce over the entire pizza, then add toppings. (I used mushrooms, white onion, mozzarella, Gouda cheese, tomatoes, and artichokes.)
- Bake pizza at 450 degrees for about 13 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Happy Valentine’s day loves! I will have a special V-day breakfast post coming up soon!