Melitzanosalata~ Eggplant Dip
One of my all-time favorite vegetarian dips!! I grew up watching my mom make eggplant dip, and finally, I took over adding my own twist to her recipe.
I hope you enjoy my modern variation of melitzanosalata dip.
Melitzanosalata~ Eggplant Dip Recipe
Tasty meze that anyone will enjoy!
- 3 medium eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of green onions, roughly chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 4 tablespoons of Greek olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Himalayan salt & black pepper
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet lined with foil. Pierce the eggplants, and place into oven at 400 degrees. Bake until eggplant is charred in color.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While eggplant is cooling, add the garlic, onions, tomatoes, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Peel the eggplant, and remove the skin. Place eggplant into Cuisinart, and pulse until eggplant is finely chopped. Add eggplant to garlic mixture, and combine.
- Dress in lemon, olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper. Chill dip up to 24 hours, that way the flavors come together. Best served cold with crackers, or vegetables. You can also serve with toasted pine nuts over the top.