Roasted Tomato & Basil Soup
Hello beautiful friends!! I am sharing with you today an amazing soup recipe that includes many of my garden vegetables. Our tomatoes are growing like crazy and I wanted to make a Fall-like soup.
Roasted Tomato & Basil Soup Recipe
This soup is vegetarian & gluten free friendly.
- 2 pounds of tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 leeks diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk in cream
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- Cracked pepper and salt
- Add a pinch of Kouzounas Kitchen Herbs De Provence for extra flavor
- Prepare the tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Cut the tomatoes in half and place onto a baking sheet. Place the basil and garlic over the tomatoes and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees and cook for about 35 minutes or until roasted.
- In a pot over medium heat saute the leeks, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the leeks are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, and basil to the pot. Slowly add the coconut milk and whisk together over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Slowly add this mixture to a blender and blend in batches. Pulse until ingredients are blended.
- Serve with basil leaves and seasoning.